PTF: Parent Teacher Fellowship
The HCA Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) was created to enhance the educational and spiritual welfare of the HCA students, faculty and staff as well as encourage a closer relationship between home and school. The PTF supports HCA by coordinating volunteers and providing funds for classroom, grade level, and school wide events and needs.
- Provide funds and volunteers for classrooms
- Organizes grade level events
- Coordinates all Room Parents, Mission Parents, and Classroom AmBASHadors
- Raise funds for the school
- Promotes family fellowship
- Expresses appreciation and encouragement for faculty and staff
- Connects new and existing families
- During the school year, the PTF meets the second Friday of each month in Heritage Hall at 8:15am.
- PTF Board Members are appointed each year and serve a minimum of two consecutive years.
- For additional PTF information, contact PTF Board President Stephanie Knoerr.
President - Stephanie Knoerr, email@example.com
Vice President - Tatiana Sanders, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Andrea McKinney, email@example.com
Treasurer - Tori Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Room Parent Coordinator - Waleska Colón, email@example.com
Hospitality Coordinator - Angie Malecki, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Coordinator - Brandi Simpson, email@example.com
Special Events Coordinator - Amanda Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Used Uniform Coordinator - Kasie Duncan, email@example.com
Secondary Coordinator - Samantha Berens, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to your financial support, there are also numerous opportunities to support our school by donating your time. Please reach out to PTF President, Stephanie Knoerr at email@example.com for more information, We look forward to serving alongside of you!
PTF raises funds to support HCA and provide for specific school needs through various events and fundraising programs. In addition to coordinating volunteers and organizing fundraising events, PTF encourages school families to participate in the following shopping programs that give back financially to our school. Go here for our Shopping Reward Program page.
- AmazonSmile Foundation: The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to HCA. Go to smile.amazon.com, and select Heritage Christian Academy as the organization you want to support. Amazon will then remember your selection, and make a donation on all eligible AmazonSmile purchases. (the AmazonSmile shopping experience is the same as amazon.com)
- Kroger Community Rewards: Link your current or new Kroger Plus Card to our school using HCA's membership code, #81275, and start earning money for all of your eligible purchases at any Kroger location. Please visit kroger.com for more information on linking your card and the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
Eagle Fun Run
PTF’s biggest fundraiser each year is the Eagle Fun Run. The school will be partnering once again with a company called Boosterthon to help our students raise even more money for our school. This annual event will be in the Spring on Friday, March 24, 2023. With the help of Boosterthon, this year's FUn Run will be even bigger than previous years. Stayed tuned for how you can support our students through pledges and encouragement on the day of the event. You won’t want to miss out on this new, exciting experience!
- Students can spend time with the special “dude” in their life at Donuts with Dudes for a special time to share donuts, coffee, juice, and lots of fun before school!
- Grandparents Day at the Book Fair is a special event held in the library during the Book Fair. Grandparents are encouraged to come shop the Scholastic Book Fair with their grandkids throughout the day. Purchases made raise money for HCA, but the memories made will be priceless.
- Honor the special veteran in your family at HCA’s Veterans Day Assembly the of Veterans Day. A PTF sponsored reception is held in the library for all of our special guests.
- Each spring, students honor the moms in their lives at Muffins with Mom. Flowers, breakfast and a special photo op are provided. This is such a sweet morning of fellowship before school.
Faculty and Staff Support
One of the main goals of PTF is to ensure that our faculty and staff feel encouraged and supported throughout the year as they pour into the lives of our children each day. PTF coordinates the following to ensure that each member of the HCA faculty and staff feels appreciated:
- Custodian/Maintenance Appreciation Day
- Annual Teacher Fall and Winter Luncheon
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Week
- School Nurse Appreciation Day
- Faculty and Staff Birthday gifts
Grade Level Support
PTF coordinates volunteer needs for individual classrooms and social events. Each elementary classroom has a Room Parent, a Mission Parent, and a Class AmBASHador who serve under the direction of the Room Parent Coordinator. These parent volunteers work closely with each teacher to plan field trips, mission opportunities, class parties, and class projects for the Black and Red Bash Auction.
In addition to coordinating classroom volunteers, PTF also provides funds and/or volunteers for Elementary Field Day, K5 and 6th Grade Graduation, and any other school wide events.
Used Uniform Sale Information
PTF is responsible for the Summer and Winter Used Uniform Sale which allows school families to purchase gently used uniforms.