PTF: Parent Teacher Fellowship
The HCA Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) was created to enhance the educational and spiritual welfare of the HCA students, faculty and staff as well as encourage a closer relationship between home and school. The PTF supports HCA by coordinating volunteers and providing funds for classroom, grade level, and school wide events and needs.
- Provides funds and volunteers for classrooms
- Organizes grade level events
- Coordinates all Room Parents, Mission Parents, and Classroom AmBASHadors
- Raises funds for the school
- Promotes family fellowship
- Expresses appreciation and encouragement for faculty and staff
- Connects new and existing families
- Check our volunteer opportunities page here: https://www.hcarockwall.org/support/ptfvolunteer.cfm
- PTF Board Members are appointed each year and serve a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Click the following link to join PTF: https://payit.nelnet.net/form/1zepnd0e
- Attend meetings held in Heritage Hall at 8:15 on the following dates: August 27th, October 9th, & January 29th
- Join us in supporting our school! Contact hcarockwallPTF@gmail.com for more information.
- President - Leslee Graves
- Vice President - Aimee Keiffer
- Secretary - Lindsay Hudson
- Treasurer - Haley Thomas
- Room Parent Coordinator - Stacy Gardner
- Fundraising Coordinator - Tatiana Sanders
- Hospitality Coordinator - Stephanie Knoerr
- Special Projects Coordinator - Emily Colbert
- Used Uniform Coordinator - Emily Kelley
In addition to your financial support, there are also numerous opportunities to support our school by donating your time. To view a current list of volunteer needs, please click the link below. We look forward to serving alongside of you!
(link to page with sign up genius pages)
PTF raises funds to support HCA and provide for specific school needs through various events and fundraising programs. In addition to coordinating volunteers and organizing fundraising events, PTF encourages school families to participate in the following programs that give back financially to our school.
- Shoparoo App: The Shoparoo App is available for both android and apple devices and is a hassle free way to earn money for HCA from a variety of stores. Simply download the free app, take a snapshot of your receipts and watch HCA's point total grow. The more points received, the larger the donation! For more information on the Shoparoo or to download the app visit shoparoo.com.
- AmazonSmile Foundation: The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to HCA. Go to smile.amazon.com, and select Heritage Christian Academy as the organization you want to support. Amazon will then remember your selection, and make a donation on all eligible AmazonSmile purchases. (the AmazonSmile shopping experience is the same as amazon.com)
- Kroger Community Rewards: Link your current or new Kroger Plus Card to our school using HCA's membership code, #81275, and start earning money for all of your eligible purchases at any Kroger location. Please visit kroger.com for more information on linking your card and the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
- Box Tops for Education: Clipping box tops is a fast and easy way to support HCA. Simply cut the Box Tops from the participating product and send them to school with your child's name and class written on the bag. Encourage your friends and family to start clipping and saving for HCA too! For more information on the Box Top Program, please visit boxtopsforeducation.com.
PTF’s biggest fundraiser each year is the Eagle Fun Run. This year the school will be partnering with a company called Boosterthon to help our students raise even more money for our school. This annual event will be held in the Fall and, with the help of Boosterthon, will be even bigger than previous years. Stayed tuned for how you can support our students through pledges and encouragement on the day of the event. You won’t want to miss out on this new, exciting experience!
- Students can spend time with the special “dude” in their life at Donuts with Dudes on September 20th in Heritage Hall from 7:30-8. Join us before school for donuts, coffee, juice, and lots of fun!
- Grandparents Day at the Book Fair will be held in the library on October 16th. Grandparents are encouraged to come shop the Scholastic Book Fair with their grandkids throughout the day. Purchases made raise money for HCA, but the memories made will be priceless.
- Honor the special veteran in your family at HCA’s Veteran’s Day Assembly on November 8th. A PTF sponsored reception will be held in the library for all of our special guests.
- Each spring, students can honor the moms in their lives at Muffins with Mom. Flowers, breakfast and a special photo op are provided. Join us in Heritage Hall on March 22nd from 7:30-8 for a sweet (and crazy) time of fellowship.
Faculty and Staff Support
One of the main goals of PTF is to ensure that our faculty and staff feel encouraged and supported throughout the year as they pour into the lives of our children each day. PTF coordinates the following to ensure that each member of the HCA faculty and staff feels appreciated:
- Custodian Appreciation Day
- Annual Teacher Fall Luncheon
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Week
- Nurse Appreciation Day
- Faculty and Staff Birthday gifts
Grade Level Support
PTF coordinates volunteer needs for individual classrooms and social events. Each elementary classroom has a Room Parent, a Mission Parent, and a Class AmBASHador who serve under the direction of the Room Parent Coordinator. These parent volunteers work closely with each teacher to plan field trips, mission opportunities, class parties, and class projects for the Black and Red Bash Auction.
In addition to coordinating classroom volunteers, PTF also provides funds and/or volunteers for Elementary Field Day, K5 and 6th Grade Graduation, and any other school wide events.
Used Uniform Sale Information
PTF is responsible for the Summer and Winter Used Uniform Sale which allows school families to purchase gently used uniforms. The Winter sale will be held in January 2020 and the Summer Sale will be July 2020 in Heritage Hall.